Sunday, May 31, 2009

PlayDough Balls of Poop

I couldn't seem to get myself to sleep last night, but eventually, this morning, alas... I fell asleep. Yay! Unfortunately, Little Corey kept waking up. When the sun arose, so did my son. We jumped out of bed to get him.... or at least my hero of a husband did. Usually, we would let him play in his crib for awhile, but the smarty-pants has recently learned how to climb out and his room is not ready for him to free roam. So in my son came, to lay down with Mommy and Daddy. He rolled and squirmed about, as toddlers often do, and he cuddled with us. Corey and I attempted to regain our sleepful bliss, or at least some restful peace. Ah, sleep. I finally discovered the perfect child-cuddling, three people in a queen sized bed position to lie in, and then... Corey suddenly jumped up and whisked Little Corey up off of the bed. "Oh no!" he grumbled sleepily. I rolled over to see what the matter was. Yup. There in the middle of our bed rolled various sized play-dough balls of poop. My son's diaper had exploded onto the sheets as we nestled into eachother. Yuck! And if you thought I was freaking out, you should have seen my upset OCD-driven husband as he completely clean-freaked out. He was so self-controlled though! He knew that if he showed disapproval that our son would be devastated. Little Corey is very sensitive about being criticized. His little man heart already holds himself to a perfectionist standard. A few times, he has accidently peed on the floor whilst running around the house in a towel after a bath... he immediately cried and hid himself, ashamed of the small wet spot on the already stained carpet. We didn't even show disapproval, but he let himself down! I need to be careful to cradle that precious heart of his. For his whole life, may he know that he is safe in my arms. May my eyes show a mother's love as he grows into the man God made him to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment